Quarry Directions from Central Coast Dive Center:
REMINDER – Don’t forget to bring the following items with you:
- SCUBA equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, reg set, computer, 2 tanks, weights, wetsuit & exposure protection – gloves, hood, etc). Divers are responsible for picking up ALL equipment from the shop and transporting equipment to and from the dive site.
- Logbook and any other required materials for the class
- Cash (For quarry entrance fees & air fill fees. All quarry entrance/ air fill fees are paid directly to the quarry, NOT to CCDC)
- Food & drinks
- Swimsuit & towel
- Blanket or tarp to spread out under your equipment while you set it up
- Lawn chair, sunscreen, a camera
Also bring a big smile and a positive attitude! Have fun, and feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns!
Questions or concerns? Call us at (859) 426-0020
*Note the driving directions are from Greater Cincinnati to the designated dive site.
**Note that we do our best to keep pricing for the various quarries updated on our site, but please check with the quarry directly to confirm pricing. They don’t always let us know when they increase their pricing!
Gilboa Quarry, Ottawa OH (CASH ONLY)(419) 456-3300 www.divegilboa.com 3763 Old State Route 224, Ottawa, OH 45875 Entrance fee is $25 for divers, $6 for non divers, Air fills are $9. Paid directly to Gilboa Quarry.
- I-75 north to Rt. 696 (Napoleon Rd.) exit # 134
- Turn left on 696
- Stay on this road for about 13 miles until you reach a “T” in the road. Turn Right
- (696 turns into RD 6 eventually.)
- At approximately 1.7 miles you will see Gilboa on the right.
Hidden Paradise, Saint Paul IN (CASH ONLY)(765) 525-6582 www.hiddenparadise.info 802 E. Jefferson Street, Saint Paul, IN 47272 Entrance fee for divers is $10, non divers is $2.50. Air fills are $7. Paid directly to Hidden Paradise.
- I-74 west to exit #123 in Indiana
- Turn right off exit onto 800 west.
- Continue to the town of St. Paul (1.3 miles).
- Street turns into North Countyline Rd. in town.
- Go over the railroad tracks, past the intersection of South Washington Street, and turn left on East Jefferson St.
- Go down the hill, over the bridge, and turn left (just after the bridge at the ½ miles point), into 802 East Jefferson St.
Natural Springs Resort, New Paris OH1-888-330-5771 www.naturalspringsresort.com 500 S. Washington Street, New Paris, OH 45347 Entrance fee is $17 for divers and $3 for non divers. Air fills are $6 (One free air fill included in diver entrance fee. Non diver fee includes swimming.) Paid directly to Natural Springs.
- I-75 north to Union Center Blvd. exit# 19
- Turn left on Union Center Blvd.
- After 3 miles, turn right on SR-747 (Princeton Glendale Rd.) follow 3.2 miles
- Turn left onto Princeton Rd. After 1.2 miles, turn right onto Liberty Fairfield Rd.
- Stay on Liberty Fairfield for 2.7 miles. It will become Wayne Madison Rd.
- Continue on Wayne Madison for 3.6 miles, then turn left onto OH-73. This will dead end after 7.6 miles into US-127 (Colrain Ave.) Keep straight to get onto US-127. Stay 17.4 miles.
- Turn left onto US-35 (OH-122/W Main St.) then bear right to stay on US-35W (Richmond Pk.)
- After 9 miles, turn left onto OH-320W. Stay for 0.7 miles, then turn right to stay on OH-320.
- Quarry is down 2.5 miles on the left. (You should see a sign for Natural Springs Resort just past the Sunoco in New Paris.)
Falling Rock Park aka “Joe Clark Quarry” (CASH ONLY, EXACT CHANGE RECOMMENDED)(502) 593-5686 Fendley Mill Rd, La Grange, KY 40031 Entrance fee for Certified Divers is $15/day. Open Water Student Divers $40 for 2 days. Non diver fee is $8. NO AIR FILLS AVAILABLE. No non diving children permitted. Paid directly to Falling Rock.
- Take I-75/71 south to I-71 south
- Get off at I-71 exit #22 (La Grange)
- Make a right off the exit, and you will come to a 4-way stop.
- Go straight for about 2.8 miles, past the courthouse and through the next intersection
- Turn left on Finley Mill Rd.
- Falling Rock Quarry is on the left, watch for the driveway.
White Star Quarry (CASH or CHECK, EXACT CHANGE RECOMMENDED)(419) 344-4495 www.whitestarquarry.com 901 South Main Street, Gibsonburg, OH 43431 Scuba Diving $20/day, Air Fills $7, Nitrox $10. Paid directly to White Star Quarry.
- Take I-75 North toward Dayton, OH
- Merge onto US-6 E via EXIT 179 toward FREMONT.
- Turn LEFT onto BOWLING GREEN RD E / US-6. Continue to follow US-6
- Turn LEFT onto OH-300
- End at White Star Quarry on the Right
Portage Quarry Recreational Club(419) 352-9203 www.portagequarry.com 12701 South Dixie, Bowling Green OH, 43402 Scuba Diving $15/day, Air Fills $7. Paid directly to Portage
- Take I-71 N toward Columbus
- Merge onto OH-562 W via EXIT 8B toward Norwood
- Merge onto I-75 N toward Dayton
- Take the US-6 exit, EXIT 179, toward Napoleon / Fremont
- Keep left to take the ramp toward Napoleon
- Turn left onto US-6 W
- Take the OH-25 exit, EXIT 65, toward Portage / Bowling Green
- Turn left onto S Main St / Dixie Hwy S / OH-25 S. Continue to follow Dixie Hwy S / OH-25 S
- Your destination is 0.3 miles past Kramer Rd
- If you reach Powell Rd you’ve gone about 0.1 miles too far
Blue Springs (CURRENTLY CLOSED)(317) 398-2277 www.bluespringsscuba.com There is an entrance fee of $20 for divers and $5 for non divers, Air fills are $5. Paid directly to Blue Springs
- I-74 west to exit # 123 in Indiana.
- Turn right off exit onto 800 west.
- Go over I-74 to the stop sign, which is County Rd. 300/Michigan Rd. Turn right on Michigan Rd.
- Continue through the town of Middletown to County Rd. 600E (2.5 miles)
- Turn left on 600E.
- Continue through the town of Waldron, and Blue Springs Park will be about one mile past town on your right