Have your kids ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? Central Coast Dive Center’s Discover Scuba Diving will let kids 10+ yrs try scuba to see if they like it. Kids will experience their first breaths under water in our heated indoor pool, with our certified PADI professionals!
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience kids learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
The Fun Part
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awestruck wonder, most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is not coaxing participants into the water, but coaxing them out when the program is over. The fun part? It’s all fun!
What You Learn
Kids learn the basics they need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing they’ll learn is that they really can breathe underwater and how comfortable they are with that. Kids will:
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn how to be comfortable while breathing underwater
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to their full scuba certification course when they take the next step to become Junior Open Water Divers.
The Scuba Gear You Use
All the equipment kids will need is included in the Discover Scuba Diving experience – just bring a swimsuit! Kids will use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, a snorkel, fins, a buoyancy compensating jacket that also carries their scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply. Central Coast Dive Center’s professional staff will set up all the gear for participants and show them how to use it!
How Long Does It Take?
- Discover Scuba Diving Experience takes about an hour – it can be done in one fun, exciting afternoon!
The Learning Materials You Need
- Just willingness and undivided attention!
- To take Discover Scuba Diving, kids must be at least 10 years old.
What Should I Do Next?
- Call (859) 426-0020 to schedule your kids’ Discover Scuba Experience. These classes are conducted on an individual basis, so we’ll work with you to find the best time for your schedule!
- Click here to get the Discover Scuba Diving Form – fill it out and bring it with you!
Your Next Adventure
Once your kids complete a Discover Scuba Diving program, check out Central Coast Dive Center’s Open Water Diver certification course, also available for kids 10+ yrs. Also, take a look at CCDC’s Dive Trips and see where diving can take you once you have your OW certification! CCDC Dive Trips can be a great family vacation! Or, get inspired by browsing through some of our photos from past dive trips.