Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving? Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty? Whether you are a certified PADI Diver or certified through another organization, the Scuba Review program is a great way to refresh your diving knowledge and skills.
The Scuba Review Tune-up is just the refresher you need. It reacquaints you with diving so that you’re back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day.
The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills. Improve your diving ability, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday. The Scuba Review program is:
- A great way to brush up on your knowledge and skills after a period of inactivity
- A good review of important knowledge and skills prior to taking any PADI continuing education course.
- For PADI Open Water Diver course referral students who want a refresher prior to making their open water training dives.
- For PADI Scuba Divers who want to upgrade to Open Water Diver.
- A review of important knowledge and skills for the Junior Open Water Diver seeking to upgrade to Open Water Diver.
What You Learn
You’ll briefly review diving knowledge with an instructor (or online, via the PADI Online Scuba Tune-Up) then head to our heated pool where you’ll refresh your diving skills with a PADI professional.
When you complete the PADI Scuba Refresher program, you’ll feel comfortable getting back into the water knowing that you have reviewed important information and refreshed your diving skills.
To take Scuba Review, you must
- Have a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
- Be at least 10 years old
How Long Does It Take?
Scuba Review can be completed in one afternoon.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In Central Coast Dive Center’s Scuba Review course, we’ll review the use of basic scuba gear.
- Students are required to own their own mask, fins and snorkel.
- You’re welcome to use your own gear, or central Coast Dive Center offers full sets of equipment (BCD, regulator set, SPG, compass, dive computer, wetsuit) that are available for FREE to Scuba Review participants during class-related pool sessions.
- If you haven’t had your equipment serviced within the past year, keep in mind that we can service it and complete annual inspections for you, so that it’s in perfect working condition for your next dive.
The Learning Materials You Need
- Quickly and effectively review scuba diving fundamentals with PADI’s Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook
What Should I Do Next?
- Call (859) 426-0020 to schedule your Scuba Review. These classes are conducted on an individual basis, so we’ll work with you to find the best time for your schedule!
- Stop by Central Coast Dive Center to drop your equipment off for servicing prior to your course (click here for driving directions)
Want To Start Right Now?
With PADI eLearning and the PADI Scuba Tune-Up Online, you can start right now, and virtually eliminate time spent in the classroom. This option provides the convenience and flexibility to complete a review of previously learned diving knowledge from the comfort of your home.
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete your Scuba Review, you’re ready to go diving! Try joining a CCDC dive trip to log some time in the ocean! Or continue your education with Speciality courses or the Advanced Open Water Diver course!