Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Central Coast Dive Center’s Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it. You’ll experience your first breaths under water in our heated indoor pool!
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
The Fun Part
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awestruck wonder, most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is not coaxing participants into the water, but coaxing them out when the program is over. The fun part? It’s all fun!
What You Learn
You learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing you’ll learn is that you really can breathe underwater and how comfortable you are with that. You will:
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn how to be comfortable while breathing underwater
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step
The Scuba Gear You Use
All the equipment you will need is included in your Discover Scuba Diving experience – just bring a swimsuit! You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, a snorkel, fins, a buoyancy compensating jacket that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply. Central Coast Dive Center’s professional staff will set up all the gear for you and show you how to use it!
How Long Does It Take?
- Discover Scuba Diving Experience takes about an hour – it can be done in one fun, exciting afternoon!
The Learning Materials You Need
- Just your willingness and undivided attention!
- To take Discover Scuba Diving, you must be at least 10 years old.
What Should I Do Next?
- Call (859) 426-0020 to schedule your Discover Scuba Experience. These classes are conducted on an individual basis, so we’ll work with you to find the best time for your schedule!
- Click here to get the Discover Scuba Diving Form – fill it out and bring it with you!
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete a Discover Scuba Diving program, check out Central Coast Dive Center’s Open Water Diver certification course. Also, take a look at CCDC’s Dive Trips and see where diving can take you! Or, browse through some of our photos from past dive trips.