Try diving for the first time in Central Coast Dive Center’s heated indoor pool with our Discover Scuba Experience!
Call (859) 426-0020 to schedule your Discover Scuba today.
Ready to become an Open Water Certified Diver?
Central Coast Dive Center takes care of everything from the time you sign up for a class until you receive your Scuba Certification Card. Just show up ready to learn and have fun! Call us at (859) 426-0020 or contact us online to join one of our Open Water classes!
Central Coast Dive Center is your best choice for learning to dive. We have…
FREE Unlimited Pool Practice for our Students
- FREE Unlimited Pool Practice Sessions – We invite you to come to our pool and play and practice what you have learned as often as you like. This REALLY gets you comfortable with your diving skills BEFORE you go on your certification trip.
- FREE Extended Sessions – Don’t worry if you do not get it right the first time…. our professional and courteous staff will work with you until you are comfortable, even if you need an extra pool session or two, we’ll do it FREE of charge! Your comfort and safety is our #1 concern.
An Indoor Heated Pool
- Indoor Heated Pool – Our indoor heated pool is located in our facility, so it’s convenient and simple to do both classroom and pool sessions in one evening.
- Variable Depth Pool – we have a shallow end for learning skills and a deep end so you can FULLY practice ascents and descents.
- FREE Equipment For Classes & Practice – Central Coast Dive Center offers complete sets of rental equipment including wetsuits. Equipment is available for FREE to students for pool practice sessions.
Modern, Professional Facilities
- Modern, Comfortable Classroom – Classes take place in one of our 2 professional classrooms that overlook the pool and a 6 ft-wide tropical fish tank. In addition to scuba equipment, classrooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV for videos and digital presentations, as well as live dive computer simulations.
- Experienced Professional Dive Staff – we have a wide range of professional instructors on staff with decades of diving experience. Your safety is their #1 concern – and when you dive safely you have fun!
An On-Site Dive Shop
- On-site Fully Stocked Dive Shop – Our dive shop is one of the most comprehensive in the Tri-State Area, with a wide variety of high quality brands and products in stock. We stand behind every purchase you make!
- In-house Repair Facilities – At Central Coast Dive Center, we personally service your equipment to ensure that it meets industry standards and is ready to go when you’re ready to dive!
State Of The Art Equipment
- Special Equipment Packages – We offer all of our customers and students custom fitting sessions so you get the perfect fit on your new equipment.
- “Test Drive” Your New Equipment – You can even jump in our pool and one of our staff members will help you learn how to use your new equipment before your class or your next dive trip.
Why wait? Sign up for the Open Water class today! Call us at (859) 426-0020 to register.
What is required to get certified?
To become a certified diver, you will complete three training elements:
1) Knowledge Development – You will read the PADI Open Water book (or complete PADI eLearning online) and watch a DVD to learn about scuba diving.
2) Confined Water Dives (Pool) – You will learn how to assemble your equipment, enter and exit the water, and all the basic skills of diving. Our heated pool is on-site and our facility has modern locker room facilities with showers, so you’ll be comfortable and enjoy your pool dives. This part of the training is lots of fun!
3) Open Water Dives (Quarry, Ocean, Lake) – It’s time to go diving! You will go on four dives under the supervision of a CCDC Scuba Instructor in open water, which means the Ocean, or a Quarry or Lake. Typically our students do their 4 dives at Gilboa Quarry in Northern Ohio – one of the most famous diving hot spots in the MidWest! Most of your time on these dives will be spent exploring the underwater world and you will spend a portion of each dive repeating some of the skills you learned in the pool. After that, you’re CERTIFIED!